The Ultimate Guide: Hiring an Interior Painter on the South Shore
CertaPro Painters of the South Shore, Plymouth and Boston area.
Ready to make a change?
Ultimate Guide To Hiring an Interior House Painter on the South Shore (Massachusetts)
There are many reasons to hire an Interior Painter for your Boston and South Shore-area home. This guide will help you understand the process and help you more easily narrow down your choice of South Shore painting contractors.
Let’s jump right in.
- Chapter 1: How do I know I need to paint my South Shore home’s interior?
- Chapter 2: Choosing the right interior paint sheen.
- Chapter 3. Choosing the right interior paint color.
- Chapter 4: Getting inspired to paint your exterior (the fun part!)
- Chapter 5: Ensuring you painter executes your vision.
- Chapter 6: Methods of applying Interior paint
To read our online reviews, Google: “South Shore CertaPro Painters’ reviews.”
Chapter 1: Does my Boston-area home’s interior even need painting yet?
In this chapter, we’ll explore the following topics:
How do you know if you need to paint your home’s interior?
The benefits of painting your home’s interior.
Chapter 2: How to choose a South Shore interior painting company:
You’ll learn how best to find a Residential Interior Painter from the following places:
- Online reviews – how to easily sort through all the online review sites.
- Getting quotes – what to look for in this process (hint: The behavior of the painter at this stage often foreshadows the rest of the project).
- Details of the quote – What should be included in a good interior painting quote?
Chapter 3. How often should I hire a painter for my South Shore Home’s Interior?
This chapter will cover:
- How often to paint your South Shore Interior – with recommendations on what to do if you can’t afford to hire a painter.
- Defining the scope of the interior painting job so that all interior painting companies are bidding on the same project (we call this “apples-to-apples bidding”).
- Secret (free) services New England painters may offer if you know to ask.
- Setting your interior painting budget.
Chapter 4: Getting inspired to paint your South Shore and Boston-area home (the fun part!)
In this chapter, you’ll learn:
- Working with a designer or color consultant to get the colors just right.
- How to sample paint so you choose right.
- Where to find a designer on the South Shore or in the Boston-area if your painter doesn’t offer one.
Chapter 5: The final decision – choosing an interior painter.
If you’ve never hired an exterior painter in the South Shore and Boston area before, you might need to understand the following:
- How the quoting process foreshadows what’s to come when you hire a painting company.
- Why to almost never accept a “time and materials” bid.
- Why wallpaper removal CAN and might be quoted as “time and materials.”
Chapter 6: The Interior Painting Process for your South Shore and Boston-area home
- Communication with your painter is critical.
- The details and stages of the painting process from power washing to the final clean up.
- Changing your mind (it happens!)
- Change orders or add-ons to the initial project