Our Certifications and Licenses

The following certifications and licenses belong to the CertaPro Painters of South Shore and Boston-Area’s business and operations.

Click on a link to open the document in a new tab.

Our General Liability and Worker’s Compensation policies protect our customers well as our workers.

Our $5 million umbrella policy is considered the “gold standard” in contractor insurance, and very few Boston contractors hold this type and limit of insurance. This signals that we take our employee and customer safety very seriously.  We’re happy to add you to our policy as “additional insured” at no cost to you and within one day of your request even before you’ve already hired us.

Lead-safe painter certificate (RRP Certification): We are licensed to renovate and paint buildings containing lead paint, including many Boston-area homes and buildings built before 1978. When hiring a painter for a structure containing lead, you must hire a firm with this certification. Also, be sure the company you hire has this certification, not just the painter they send to paint. Some individual painters are certified personally, but their firm is not licensed.

Contractor License: Co-Owner Louis NeJame is a licensed Construction Supervisor in Massachusetts. This means we not only have an eye for painting, we understand the way things are built. Louis also has his Masters of Engineering from the University of New Hampshire.

Home Improvement Contractor License in Massachusetts:  We are a licensed Massachusetts Home Improvement Contractor.

Taxpayer Identification Form: Print off our W9 Taxpayer form for your files.

Women Business Enterprise Certified: if you need to hire a woman-owned (WBE) painting business, CertaPro Painters is owned by Paige NeJame and meets that requirement.


Commonly asked questions about painting licenses and insurance:

If a contractor gets hurt on my property, who pays for the injuries?

Massachusetts contractors are required by law to carry Worker’s Compensation insurance.  With this being said, because worker’s compensation insurance is expensive, some contractors do not pay their premiums and leave you, the homeowner, exposed for worker injuries that occur on your property.

Therefore it is important that you get a certificate of insurance from any contractor that works on your property.  CertaPro Painters is happy to add you as “additional insured” to our Worker’s Compensation and General Liability policy so you’re sure that our insurance is in full force. Being added as “additional insured” means that the insurance company would contact you if the insurance lapsed.

Will my homeowner’s insurance policy cover me if a contractor gets hurt on my property and doesn’t carry Worker’s Compensation insurance?

Not likely.  Many homeowner’s insurance policies exclude this type of coverage – this is why it’s important to make sure your contractor carries worker’s compensation insurance.

Please direct any inquiries regarding these documents to [email protected].

You also might like to read:

Simple ways to tell if your contractor is insured