Color Consulting Services
Provided by CertaPro Painters®
Ready to make a change?
Color Consulting and Painting Services
Is your home in need of a face-lift? Are you ready for a change? Don’t stress over the color selection process for your home. Whether you want the interior or exterior painted, CertaPro Painters® is there to help. Not only can you get time with a professional color consultant, but you can also use the CertaPro Painters® MyPaint Colors™ visualizer to virtually paint the interior and exterior of your home, so you’ll know exactly which colors to pick.
Exterior Color Ideas
Drive through various neighborhoods and take note of appealing exterior paint color schemes and adaptability to your own home.
Define Your Entry
Define the entry. Use exterior paint color as a "Welcome" sign to your home.
Determine Your Mood
Determine the mood you want to create with the room. Warmer tones are friendly and inviting. Cooler tones create calm and relaxing spaces.
Keeping the trim all one color provides continuity as you move from room to room. Stark white in a semi- or full-gloss creates a very formal look.
Choose Color Flow
Think about 'flow' and how the colors of neighboring rooms will work together. Very dark to very light transitions, or transitions from rooms with highly contrasting colors can either be jarring or invigorating.
CertaPro Painters® Color Consultation
A paint color consultant is a professional who specializes in helping clients choose the right paint colors for their home or business. The consultant works with clients to understand their preferences and needs and then provides recommendations on paint colors that will best meet their goals.
Learn more about our color consultation services by watching the video below.
Get Started on Your Project Today
Are you ready to have your home transformed with a fresh interior or exterior color? Contact CertaPro Painters® today for a free painting estimate and to discuss your color consultation needs.
What Does a Color Consultant Do?
A CertaPro Painters® consultant will chat with you to get to know your ideas. The consultant will also look at the rooms you need painted and advise on the best approach to take.
The color consultant will show you their paint deck to help you pick your room’s colors while answering any questions you have. Before they leave, your CertaPro Painters® paint consultant will give you 4×4 sample cards of each of the colors you selected to keep as a reference.
Some of the specific services a paint color consultant may offer include:
- Analyzing existing color schemes: The consultant may evaluate the existing colors in a space and provide suggestions on how to create a more cohesive and appealing color scheme.
- Creating a color palette: Based on the client’s preferences and the mood they want to create in a room, the consultant can develop a custom color palette that will work well in the space.
- Providing guidance on color selection: The consultant can help clients choose specific paint colors for walls, trim, and accents that will complement each other and create the desired effect.
- Offering paint product advice: The consultant may provide advice on the quality and durability of various paint products and help clients select the best option for their needs.
Paint Color Consultation Tips and Examples
Painting isn’t just about home maintenance. When the paint has dried, there is so much more to think about such as:
- Which pieces of furniture to keep and which to replace.
- What kind of window treatments will look best.
- What accessories will best enhance the décor.
You can’t begin to think about these questions until you have picked the right colors for your rooms. This is where color consultation is most important since it saves you time and helps you avoid costly mistakes.
Color consultants have helped homeowners with all kinds of projects. Here are just a few examples:
- Whole house interior: In this case, a color consultant can help you with a unique color palette to suit your home. Typically, your consultant will help you choose a comfortable neutral color to run through the “vein” of the house. This will give the other coordinating shades and colors a more cohesive feel.
- A different color for every room: Sometimes homeowners want each of their rooms to have a completely different ambiance. A color consultant can help, especially if you have a tight budget.
Darkness and light: Some people love darker colors in their home, but it can be difficult to tell just how dark you can go. Although it depends on how much light is in the room, there are other factors to consider, such as the amount of wall space, the furniture and if there is any millwork which can be brightened to enhance the room.
Common Questions About Color Consulting
What does a paint color consultant do?
Color consultants are trained designers who will provide recommendations for colors and color combinations for your painting project.
Is paint color consulting available at all CertaPro Painters® locations?
Many independently owned and operated CertaPro Painters® franchised businesses offer color consulting. Contact your local franchise to inquire if color consulting is available in your area.
What can I expect from an appointment with a paint color consultant?
At your appointment, the color consultant will talk with you to get ideas for what paint color families you like most. From there they will help you visualize what various colors would look like in your home.
Articles On Color Selection & Paint Color Consulting
See below for articles about color selection from our blog. Click on any of the articles below to learn more.
5 Unexpected Colors That Look Great in Your Bathroom
Painting a bathroom is unlike any other interior painting project you’ll have done in your home. You not only have to keep in mind the potentially humid environment when selecting a paint type, but you’re also tasked with selecting a color for a typically small space where the wrong color choice gets magnified.
Understanding the Color Wheel
You’ll use the color wheel to create basic paint color design schemes for your home. The color wheel will also allow you to determine the temperature of the color, which in turn helps create the color schemes.
5 Reasons You Should be Painting for the Mood You Want
“What’s your favorite color?” It’s a classic conversation starter. Whether it’s in first grade or on a first date, people pose the question looking to get a glimpse into someone’s personality. What they’re really asking is, “Why is it your favorite color?”. A color can be what makes you feel happy or calm.