Kids' Bedroom Painting & Color Ideas
Ready to make a change?
Let CertaPro Painters® Help Create a Fun Space
Want to create a new, fun environment for your kids to play in? A new coat of paint can give a room a comfortable look and feel to play in and help nurture their growth. CertaPro Painters will provide a warm and loving kids’ space for your children to grow up in. A child’s bedroom becomes a personal retreat – a space they can call their very own. We take the time to make sure your kids room painting project is exactly what you are looking for.
You can Rely on the Expert Process of CertaPro Painters®
CertaPro Painters® will help you create the right space where your children will create memories. Our skilled staff is committed to delivering a professional quality paint project that has come to be synonymous with our name.
Our expert kids room painting process includes:
- Set-up– Items are covered with clean, new plastic sheeting. All floors are protected with drop cloths.
- Prepare– Based on your requests, holes and cracks in ceilings and walls are filled; stains are sealed. and surfaces are scuff sanded.
- Paint– Repaired areas are primed and premium quality paint is applied for a uniform finish.
- Clean– We treat your home just like it is our own – with the utmost care and respect. Therefore, we try to leave everything right where we found it and we pay close attention to doing a thorough job cleaning the work area.
- Inspect– After our own inspection, your job site supervisor will walk you through the space, giving you the opportunity to review our work and to provide any initial feedback.
Ready to turn your kids’ space into a fun and nurturing room in your home?
Paint Color Ideas for Kids Rooms
Creating the perfect haven for your little ones involves more than just selecting furniture and arranging toys—it’s all about the colors that adorn the walls and set the stage for their imaginative adventures. Choosing the right paint colors for a kids’ room can be a delightful journey, brimming with endless possibilities to capture their personalities and nurture their creativity. From soothing pastels that inspire tranquility to vibrant hues that ignite energy. See below for a few ideas to help inspire your painting project.
Lavender offers a calm but playful look that works great for kids room without feeling over the top. Good options for this include Sherwin-Williams Lite Lavender (SW 6554), or for a bolder lavender take a look at Sherwin-Williams Lavish Lavender (SE 6975).
A light / playful nautical blue that can brighten up a room. There are a few styles an options including Sherwin-Williams Naval (SW 6244), Mild Blue (SW 6533), and Languid Blue (SW 6226).
Pink is a popular choice for girls rooms and comes in a variety of options and shades. For a bold, bright pink see Sherwin-Williams Exuberant Pink (SW-6840), Dragon Fruit (SW 6855), or Cherries Jubilee (SW 6862)
Best Types of Paint for Kids Rooms
Kid’s rooms are likely to see more wear and tear than other rooms of the house, this is why the product and sheen should also be considered for kids room painting projects. Ideally, a surface that is durable, easy to clean, and is non toxic and safe is ideal for the space. Heres a few things to look for when selecting the right paint product for your kids rooms:
- Low or no VOC Paint : VOC’s are volatile organic compounds that are sometimes used in paint products. These are chemicals that vaporize and go into the air while painting the room that can cause headaches and dizzyness. A no-VOC paint product will offer a safer enviornment and better air quality in the room
- Higher Sheen Paints : For a more durable coating consider an eggshell paint or greater for kids room painting projects. While Matte finishes look great – they scuff easy and are likely to run into blemishes with children playing regularly in the room.
Looking for help with a painting project?
Click the button below to set up a free estimate.
Get inspired for your kid’s bedroom painting project
Take a look at this article from our painting blog with ideas for kid’s bedroom projects and paint color ideas.
Freshman freshening: What to do with your college-bound kid’s room
Let’s get this out of the way right from the start: After dropping off your college student at their new dorm room, don’t speed home to begin renovating their bedroom! While emptying out a childhood room wouldn’t make for a great Thanksgiving homecoming, you don’t have to “erase” anyone to make optimal use of the space. Instead, take advantage of a now-less used room with one of these strategies.