Microbicidal paint to kill germs on high touch surfaces.
Imagine all the germs circulating in your commercial settings – especially in schools, daycares, restrooms, and medical offices.
While you can spend money sanitizing walls and surfaces, you can now use paint to kill many germs on painted surfaces like walls and doors.
Problem: High germ surfaces.
Answer: Microbicidal paints.
Sherwin Williams sells microbicidal paint that’s EPA-tested. Their paint Shield® microbicidal paint kills many forms of bacteria on surfaces, including about 99.9% of Staph, MRSA, E. coli, VRE, and others. The germ-killing properties work in about 2 hours after the surface is painted.
Microbicidal Paint keeps killing germs for about three years!
These paint coatings kill about 90% of bacteria, even after being repeatedly contaminated by the bacteria. They continue to kill the germs for about 3-4 years.
Is Microbicidal paint the same thing as Antimicrobial Paint?
No. They sound similar, but both have very different functions:
- Antimicrobial agents in paints inhibit the growth of microorganisms like mildew and mold. Many premium exterior paints and bathroom paints have Antimicrobial agents added to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew.
- Microbicidal compounds in paints actively kill microscopic organisms and germs that can cause sickness and infection.
Where does it make sense to use Microbicidal Paints?
- High traffic areas like lobbies, restrooms, gyms, locker rooms
- Hand railings
- Medical and dental offices
- Daycare centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Gyms & locker rooms
Are Microbicidal Paints Expensive?
Microbicidal Paints can save you money and time from constant cleaning and sanitizing.
Our commercial clients often pick and choose areas where they use Microbicidial paints. They paint high-traffic and high-touch surface areas using the more expensive Microbicidial coating and use a less expensive coating for ceilings and trim, which don’t need the same germ protection.
If you’d like a quote on painting your Commercial Property using a Microbicidial paint coating, email [email protected] or call us at 781-422-1018. You can also schedule a quote online by clicking here.
You also might like to read: