Get More in ’24! Set a Budget for your Commercial Painting Project Now
Posted on October 3, 2023
For property managers in charge of multi-family communities, the end of summer usually means the beginning of budgeting season. A recent webinar from the Community Association Institute, recommends that to be ready for next year’s budget, you should start your information gathering no later than September.
For other properties like retail and restaurants now may be the time to spend up this year’s budget by sprucing up your property before the busy holiday season.
No matter what type of property you’re in charge of, painting is most likely one of your biggest budget items. That’s why it’s important that you get a plan in place to ensure that you are getting the most for your money.
Here’s our Top 10 list of things to consider ASAP to maximize your budget.
- Start the budgeting process sooner rather than later. The more time you have to get bids, and adjust your budget accordingly, the better.
- Tie a repainting schedule to your annual maintenance budget, reserve or special assessment funds. Sherwin Williams says the average painting cycle is every 5-7 years, but high-traffic areas may need refreshing every year, as well as repair work.
- Walk your property with your painting contractor. Point out any areas of concern and discuss your painting needs for next year.
- Get multiple bids. Compare the proposals from a national painting company with a local or regional painting company.
- Within each proposal there should be a thorough breakdown of costs: amount of paint and coats needed, the prep required, labor costs, insurance fees and any special equipment needed to complete the job.
- Price is only one way to evaluate the quality of your contractor. Consider their years in business, experience with commercial projects, customer reviews or referrals, and safety protocols.
- Consider painting in the off season when painting companies are not as busy and may be more flexible on pricing.
- Discuss phasing or staging your commercial painting project to make it more manageable.
- Can your contractor work after hours or start earlier to lessen disruptions to your tenants or customers?
- Lock in with a reputable painting company now for work in the next fiscal year. Scrambling to find a vendor at the last minute can be costly. Save yourself some budgeting headaches and talk to the painting pros at CertaPro Painters® today. We have 30+ years of experience, with 25,000+ commercial sites painted last year. Our 7,000 local painting experts can help you be prepared and protect your property in the years(s) to come.
Save yourself some budgeting headaches and talk to the painting pros at CertaPro Painters® today. We have 30+ years of experience, with 25,000+ commercial sites painted last year. Our 7,000 local painting experts can help you be prepared and protect your property in the years(s) to come.