Stain to Paint Services
CertaPro Painters® of Castle Rock
Ready to make a change?
Stain to Paint Services in Castle Rock, CO
CertaPro Painters® of Castle Rock specialize in transforming rooms and surfaces from stain to paint. There are many steps that go into transforming a part of your home from stained to painted, and attention to detail is key in attaining a professional result. Our team can makeover any room seamlessly. A few of the areas we can upgrade in your home are doors, window trim, shelves, cabinets, and walls. Request a free estimate on your next stain to paint project today!
Below are a few important facts about our stain to paint services.
- Preparation is critical for proper adhesion and longevity.
- You CAN NOT simply paint over stained wood. You also should not just use semi-gloss wall paint… it’s not durable enough, it isn’t chip-resistant, and won’t last as long as trim-specific products such as urethane enamels.
- We prepare the stained wood by a combination of scuff sanding or deglossing. The wood is not fully stripped down to bare substrate. It does need to be at least lightly profiled with the sheen/gloss removed to allow for adhesion of the primer.
- A premium grade bonding primer is critical. We use the right product to prevent bleed-through from the resins in the wood.
- Lastly, a premium trim/door product such as Sherwin Williams Emerald Trim Urethane Enamel is applied for longevity.
- Painting trim requires less paint/gallons relative to painting walls, so the cost of the upgrade for trim paint is well worth it.
Schedule a free consultation with our team in Castle Rock to learn more about the complete stain to paint process.
I found CertaPro Painters of Castle Rock to have a very high level of customer service and contact. Communication was outstanding we always knew when the crews were going to be on the job and if not then an explanation. Highly recommend.
- Joe B. | Castle Rock, CO
Stain to Paint Examples
Click the images below to see how paint can introduce a more modern and lighter feel to a room.
Stain to paint conversions work well all throughout a home, but in a kitchen they can really open up a space and transform it. Kitchen and baths are the primary updates homeowners make as they tend to retain the homeowner’s investment upon selling their home.
Drywall panels can be repaired or replaced, eliminating signs of wear and tear.
Quality exterior painting can transform a building with color, whether the project calls for conforming to existing standards or making a fresh, bold statement. We can paint all substrates including wood, stucco, vinyl and aluminum, block and cement board.
Our team is skilled in applying high-durability coatings for floors, walls, and high-wear areas requiring long-term painting solutions.
Our professional painting crews will complete interior painting projects with utmost respect for the property and its occupants.
Light Carpentry and Repairs
Repairing and replacing siding, including wood, metalwork, stucco, and EIFS – as well as interior drywall, plaster and woodwork – making sure surfaces are in good condition and ready to accept paint.
Off-hours and Weekend Production
If a project has specific timing requirements, we’re more than happy to accommodate them.
A clean surface is required for excellent paint adherence. When appropriate for the material, we offer power washing services before painting begins.
Tilt-up Repairs and Painting
We can patch and caulk any cracked areas for protection from water intrusion and to provide a smooth surface for paint application. We’re prepared to handle every aspect of difficult-access projects.