Stain to Paint Services
CertaPro Painters® of Cincinnati
Ready to make a change?
Stain to Paint Services in Cincinnati, OH
CertaPro Painters® of Cincinnati, OH specialize in transforming rooms and surfaces from stain to paint. There are many steps that go into taking a part of your home from stained to painted, and attention to detail is a must. Our team can makeover any room seamlessly. A few of the areas we can upgrade in your home are doors, window trim, shelves, cabinets, and walls. Request a free estimate on your next stain to paint project today!
Below are a few important facts about our stain to paint services.
- Preparation is critical for proper adhesion and longevity.
- You CAN NOT simply paint over stained wood. You also should not just use semi-gloss wall paint… it’s not durable enough, it isn’t chip-resistant, and won’t last as long as trim-specific products such as urethane enamels.
- We prepare the stained wood by a combination of scuff sanding or deglossing. The wood is not fully stripped down to bare substrate. It does need to be at least lightly profiled with the sheen/gloss removed to allow for adhesion of the primer.
- A premium grade bonding primer is critical. We use the right product to prevent bleed-through from the resins in the wood.
- Lastly, a premium trim/door product such as Sherwin Williams Emerald Trim Urethane Enamel is applied for longevity.
- Painting trim requires less paint/gallons relative to painting walls, so the cost of the upgrade for trim paint is well worth it.
Schedule a free consultation with our team in Cincinnati to learn more about the complete stain to paint process.
Excellent job in a very timely manner!
- Amy R. | Cincinnati, OH
Stain to Paint Projects Completed in Cincinnati, OH
Below are a few of the stain to paint projects we have worked on in the Cincinnati community. Click on any image to zoom in.
Other Residential Painting Services in Cincinnati
Brick Painting and Care
Bricks are commonly used in our area for their ability to withstand weather and moisture while looking great and keeping us warm in winter. Over time, bricks can loose their color and vibrance, especially outdoors. UV rays and heat can leach the color from the stone if you don’t step in to help. This is where our painters come in.
Repairing and replacing siding, including wood, metalwork, stucco, and EIFS – as well as interior drywall, plaster and woodwork – making sure surfaces are in good condition and ready to accept paint.
Whether your home has water damage that requires drywall repair or your walls have medium-to-large holes that need patching, the CertaPro Painters® of Cincinnati crew will patch, sand and prime, to create a flawless surface to paint on.
Hardie Siding Painting
Hardie siding can begin to fade and that can make your house look less than attractive. Our professional painters in Cincinnati know how to paint Hardie siding the right way.
Painting and Staining
At CertaPro Painters® of Cincinnati we offer a variety of interior and exterior home painting and staining services, including your home’s deck and fencing. Regardless of the room inside your home that needs an update or the area of your home’s exterior that needs protection from Mother Nature, our team works with you to determine the best plan of action for your home.
Power washing is a vital step in painting the exterior of your home. CertaPro Painters® of Cincinnati uses the process to remove mold, oil and old paint so new paint absorbs into your surface better.
Stucco Repairs and Painting
As with any other home exterior, it’s important to maintain the stucco or EIFS (also known as synthetic stucco) covering your home. The CertaPro Painters® of Cincinnati team is very knowledgeable in both repairs and painting related to these two materials and will work alongside you to determine what services your home needs.