Exterior House Painting Pricing Guide
For homes in the Indianapolis, IN area
Ready to make a change?
House Painting Costs Waukesha, WI > Exterior Painting Costs
How much does it cost to paint the exterior of my home?
Painting the exterior of your home is not just about making it beautiful, it’s about maintaining your investment. So how you maintain your home doesn’t only help you protect your investment, but it lets your community know that you care about your home and your neighborhood. Like with any other purchases of value, you get what you pay for. So, when looking for a painter, keep in mind the brand and quality of paint, the longevity and trustworthiness of the painter and the preparation of you home prior to the painting.
Every home is different (even homes built by the same builder with the same floor plan) so every home will require different prep, different types of paint and different number of coats. Although there are various factors in determining the final cost of painting your home, we have included several examples below to give you an idea of what it might cost to paint your home. The pricing examples below include power washing all surfaces being painted, various prep work and a quality exterior latex paint.
Here are some areas to consider that impact pricing when painting your home:
1. The condition of the surfaces being painted. Is your paint chipping or peeling off? Are there gaps between boards where caulking is failing? Are there rotten boards or cracked boards that need replaced?
2. The kind of surfaces you are painting. Dry boards, bare brick and stucco will soak paint up. Rougher surfaces or siding with deep grooves require different materials and applications of the paint that can slow the work down.
3. The type of lot your home is built on and the height of your home. Are there steep hills on side of your home which will make placing a ladder challenging? Do you have high gables or sides of you home that are 30, 40 or 50 feet high?
4. The colors of your home. Is your house all 1 color or is it 2 or 3 colors? The more colors you have on your home the more time and materials are needed to apply them.
5. Adding additional surfaces can impact pricing. Are your windows previously painted or maintenance free? Do you have a wooden screened porch that is painted both on the interior and exterior that will require maintenance?
Interior Painting Pricing Guide
If you are interested in how much an interior painting project will cost, click here.