Interior Painting Pricing Guide
for CertaPro Painters® of Springfield, VA
Ready to make a change?
How much will it cost to paint my home interior?
A room-by-room guide to our interior pricing:
Many people want to understand our pricing to help them budget their interior painting project, so we’ve put together this room-by-room guide to help you budget. Understand that the prices published here are averages, and some things might affect the price up or down from these ballpark estimates.
In general, these things will affect the cost of the project:
1) The number of surfaces we’ll be painting will affect the price. For example, will we be painting your trim? Walls? Doors? Baseboard and crown molding?
2) The conditions of the surfaces we’ll be painting makes a difference in preparation cost. If there are lots of dings, scratches, or holes in the surfaces, we’ll need to add more labor time to your quote to fill and sand them. Surfaces like horsehair plaster or wallpaper removal also change these conditions.
3) Wall height is a factor because painting an 8-foot ceiling is much easier to paint than a 16-foot foyer.
4) Will you be changing colors? Sometimes if you’re changing colors to something much darker or much lighter it will require more coats of paint to cover over the old color. In general, we quote projects with 2 coats of paint if they are the same or a similar color to the surface paint we’ll be covering. We’ll need 3 or even 4 coats if we’re painting over very different colors, (for example, if we’re changing the color on a yellow wall to brown).
These are just some of the factors that contribute to the price of painting the interior of your home. Below you will find some examples of some common sized rooms. The prices below are based on painting the walls and then adding other surfaces. The price includes standard prep for each surface being painted. Prices may vary based on total rooms and surfaces being done during the project.
Assumptions that accompany these prices:
- Wall & ceiling prices are based on 2 coats of paint.
- Doors & trim 2 coats of paint (baseboard, door frames, window frame and windows).
- Superior-grade paint such as Sherwin Williams Duration Home or Benjamin Moore Regal. Choosing a quality paint matters, and will almost always save you money.
I was pleased with the responsiveness of the CertaPro team from the initial meeting through cleanup for my exterior painting project. They did a very fine job at a reasonable price.
- Van R. | Springfield, VA
Standard Bathroom (approx. 6′ x 8′)
|Walls*||200-300 Sq Ft||$350|
|Ceilings||30-50 Sq Ft||$70|
|Baseboards/Trim||15-25 Ln Ft||$60|
|Door and Door Frame||per side (36″ x 82″)||$60|
Standard Room (approx. 12′ x 12′)
|Walls*||350-400 Sq Ft||$430|
|Ceilings||100-200 Sq Ft||$135|
|Baseboards/Trim||40-60 Ln Ft||$115|
|Door and Door Frame||price per side (36″ x 82″)||$60|
|Window Sill & Frame||Standard (36″ x 72″)||$35|
|Window||4 – 15 Panes||$75|
Large Room (approx. 18′ x 24′)
|Walls*||650-750 Sq Ft||$595|
|Ceiling||400-500 Sq Ft||$235|
|Baseboards/Trim||75-100 Ln Ft||$155|
|Door and door frame||price per side (36″ x 82″)||$60|
|Window Sill & Frame||Standard (36″ x 72″)||$35|
* This is based on 8′ Ceilings. Price is per coat of paint.
Ceilings and Walls over 8′ High would be priced as follows:
10′ Ceilings: An additional 25%
14′ Ceilings: An additional 50%
18′ Ceilings: An additional 75%
CertaPro Painters were awesome! They did a great job and really nailed it. They did what they said they were going to do and working with Steve was fantastic! I'd do it again.
- Travis W. | Springfield, VA
Our Painting Projects in Springfield
Here are just a few of the interior painting projects we have completed in the Springfield area. We dedicate ourselves to providing the best results. You can see more of what our local painters have completed on our portfolio.
House Painting Services for Springfield Homes
CertaPro Painters® provides a range of custom interior painting services, allowing for a smooth, seamless experience and exceptional results in every home. Whether you’re having your two-story foyer updated or refreshing the paint in your home’s bedrooms, the CertaPro Painters® team approaches every painting project with an eye for detail.
Cabinet Refinishing and Repainting
As one of the most touched surfaces in your home, cabinets will naturally suffer from wear and tear. CertaPro Painters® of Springfield, VA can paint and refinish your cabinets, making them look like they’re brand new.
In addition to expert painting services, our team also offers color consultation to help you decide on the best possible color and finish for your rooms.
Concrete Staining and Epoxy Finish
Staining a concrete floor can add dimension to your space and enhance its durability. Learn more about our staining and epoxy finishing services.
Crown Molding Services
Add a touch of timeless elegance to your home with crown molding. The CertaPro Painters® of Springfield, VA team can install decorative borders around your home through fireplace mantels, baseboards, and more.
Whether it be water damage, medium-to-large holes, or any other issues with your drywall, our team can help. We will patch, sand, and prime, to create a flawless drywall surface ready for paint.
Faux Painting and Decorative Services
Our Springfield painters have the skills to give you the unique look you desire. Our team will work with you to find the perfect faux finish for your home’s unique style.
Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Popcorn ceiling was once very popular, but is very rarely seen in modern homes. Unfortunately, removing old popcorn ceiling can be difficult. This is why it is essential to hire experts to take care in updating your ceiling to a more modern look.
Wallpaper Removal and Installation
Removing and installing wallpaper can be a difficult task. This is why it’s important to hire a professional for the job. Let our experts handle the time-consuming task of installing new wallpaper, leaving you time to simply enjoy your home’s updated look.