Interior House Painting Pricing Guide
Homes in Missouri City
Ready to make a change?
How much will it cost to paint my home’s interior ?
A room-by-room guide to our interior pricing:
Many people want to understand our pricing to help them budget their project, so we’ve put together this room-by-room guide to help you budget. Understand that the prices published here are averages, and some things might affect the price up or down from these ballpark estimates.
In general, these things will affect the cost of the project:
1) The number of surfaces we’ll be painting will affect the price. For example, will we be painting your trim? Walls? Doors? Baseboard and crown molding?
2) The conditions of the surfaces we’ll be painting makes a difference in preparation cost. If there are lots of dings, scratches, or holes in the surfaces, we’ll need to add more labor time to your quote to fill and sand them. Surfaces like horsehair plaster or wallpaper removal also change these conditions.
3) Wall height is a factor because painting an 8-foot ceiling is much easier to paint than a 16-foot foyer.
4) Will you be changing colors? Sometimes if you’re changing colors to something much darker or much lighter it will require more coats of paint to cover over the old color. In general, we quote projects with 2 coats of paint if they are the same or a similar color to the surface paint we’ll be covering. We’ll need 3 or even 4 coats if we’re painting over very different colors, (for example, if we’re changing the color on a yellow wall to brown).
5) One thing that won’t affect your price is Our in-home designer who helps you choose colors that work with your current furnishings. This is a free service once you choose us as your painter.
6) Some examples of our pricing using typical room sizes in the Missouri City area.
These are just some of the factors that contribute to the price of painting the interior of your home. Below you will find some examples of some common sized rooms. All wall prices are based on 2 coats of paint and all ceilings, trim surfaces, and doors are based on a 1 coat refresh of a solid mid-grade paint from recognized paint companies. The prices below are based on painting the walls and then adding other surfaces. The price includes standard prep for each surface being painted. Prices may vary based on total rooms and surfaces being done during the project.
Assumptions that accompany these prices:
Wall & ceiling prices are based on 2 coats of paint.
Doors & trim 1 coat of paint (baseboard, door frames, crown molding, wainscot).
Mid-grade paint such as Sherwin Williams Duration Home or Benjamin Moore Regal. Choosing a decent paint matters, and will almost always save you money.
|Walls*||200-300 Sq Ft||$225|
|Ceilings||30-50 Sq Ft||$70|
|Baseboards||15-25 Ln Ft||$35|
|Door and Door Frame||per side||$45|
|Walls*||350-400 Sq Ft||$270|
|Ceilings||100-200 Sq Ft||$115|
|Baseboards||40-60 Ln Ft||$85|
|Door and Door Frame||price per side||$45|
Living room or family room
|Walls*||650-750 Sq Ft||$500|
|Ceiling||400-500 Sq Ft||$210|
|Baseboards||75-100 Ln Ft||$145|
|Door and door frame||price per side||$45|
* All wall surfaces are based on 8′ high ceilings. If you have…
10′ high ceilings add 25%
12′ high ceilings add 50%
15′ high ceilings add 75%