Frequently Asked Questions
by CertaPro Painters® of Downingtown
Ready to make a change?
How CertaPro Downingtown Scheduling Works
- We’ll select a week and email you.
- The Friday prior to the week we start your job we’lll email you your paint crew leader’s contact information, along their start time.
- The crew leader will contact you by the end of that weekend to find the date and time that works best for his crew and your home.
If you have any questions feel free to give the crew leader a call! Plus we will always call the day before to confirm the exact time.
Do we give specific start dates?
Albeit being a contrast from what most painting companies do, we don’t give specific start dates for a number of reasons why we typically don’t give specific start dates. Here are some examples:
- A job may run long (weather, color changes, additions, illness, etc.).
- We want to avoid starting a new job before the previous job is not finished because it leads to confusion and ultimately unhappy clients.
We prefer email communication with our customers regarding their jobs because it’s easier to keep an email chain of communication organized. In doing so everyone is on the same page, both our team, and your household.
How do I decide colors?
There’s a number of ways that we work with you to decide colors
- We can send you paint charts.
- You can get paint at your local Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore store.
- We can arrange an appointment with our main color consultant for free color consultation.
Just be sure to have the finalized colors when we start your painting project. The finalized colors can either be emailed to us, or you can discuss them with your paint crew leader on the first day.
When do we buy the paint?
We buy the paint on the first day of the job. If you change your mind before then that’s fine. JUst be sure to let your paint crew leader know your finalized colors on the first day.
Do I need the higher level of preparation?
Ultimately that’s your decision, that said, most are just fine with our standard level.
- Interior Painting: For important details, we recommend additional preparation.
- Exterior Painting: The more preparation, the longer the paint job lasts. Our standard preparation is sufficient, however Level 4 preparation will last for a longer time.
What is this “second coat” option? Do I need it?
Interior: Two coats for ceilings and walls is standard for us, with only very bold colors being an exception. The second coat option refers to the trim. Normally the current trim color matches the trim just fine. However, if you change the trim color, a second coat will be required.
Exterior: It’s common for surfaces that are in good condition to be sufficient with one finish coat as bare areas are primed. A second coat would be paramount if the color changes, even slightly, or if there is very intense preparation.
In both cases, these are decisions that you would make.
Once the job is started, do I contact you or my crew chief?
When I send you your paint crew lead’s contact info, they become your main contact. That said, feel free to keep me in the loop as you see fit. However, your paint crew leader is the one who will be handling the daily tasks and they’ll have the most current information on your paint project.
Can the men work alone in my house?
Yes, our men can work alone in your house. This is also the usual scenario. Our team has been honest and trustworthy for a very long time. If you’re comfortable, you may feel free to lend them a key if you would prefer so they can lock up when they leave.
What happens if there is a problem?
Contact your paint crew leader first, and they will work it out with you. However, if your paint crew leader can’t solve the issue, reach out to me immediately at [email protected] or 610-226-5578.
How do you pay us?
We do our proposals in such a way that you and your paint crew leader work out the final price.Your deposit will already be deducted on the work order. See below for our payment options:
- Make the check out to CertaPro Painters of Downingtown and give it to the paint crew leader.
- Mail to our office 3947 W. Lincoln Hwy. #305, Parkesburg, PA 19335.
Once we’re done
What if something is missed on your job?
We take pride in our work, if in the rare event that there’s a mistake, contact your paint crew leader and they’ll solve the issue. In the event that you’re having problems contacting your paint crew leader or aren’t pleased with their work, contact me at [email protected] or call 610-226-5578. We want to make SURE you are pleased with our work.
For clients that want to be better prepared and want to think through different scenarios, make sure to check out Preventing Surprises.