Professional Staircase & Banister Painting
in Castle Rock, CO
Ready to make a change?
Painting Staircases and Banisters in Castle Rock
CertaPro Painters® of Castle Rock specialize in stair and banister painting services. Staircases are often one of the first things you see when entering a two-story home. They are a focal point for family and guests alike. We can upgrade these spaces in both residential and commercial properties. When you maintain staircases and banisters, you can create a seamless look in both your interior and exterior spaces. Below are a few examples of staircases we have renovated in the local community.
Repairs & Staining
Stairway Banister & Trim Painting
Two Tone Banisters
The Staircase Renovation Process
There are quite a few steps that go into painting staircases and banisters. Each project will have its own unique set of requirements depending on the condition of the surfaces. Below is a general idea of what you can expect during your project.
- Remove any old nails or protrusions from the stairs, trim work may also need to be removed
- Rebuild broken stairs or landing areas
- Sand all wood surfaces, multiple sanding’s with increasing sandpaper grid is recommended
- Vacuum away dust from sanding
- Use a block sander or sand by hand for hard to reach corners and banisters
- Fill holes or imperfections with wood filler
- Reinstall or replace the previously removed trim work
- Wipe down surfaces with a rag and paint thinner
- Caulk areas of trim where needed
- If painting, prime surfaces to be painted
- Paint two coats of paint