Multi-family Painting Checklist: Apartments/Condos/Townhomes
We see A LOT of multi-family based facilities!
- Apartment complexes
- Large multi-family communities
- Multi-unit facilities
- Multi-story buildings
So, not to say we’re specialists but we definitely have seen it all! From our experience, here are some things to consider the next time you hire a team to paint your property.
It’s well within your right to ask for proof of insurance and a sign of professionalism to receive it promptly with no issues. If a contractor of any kind is hurt on your property and uninsured, the financial liability can fall onto you and our management group.
Does your prospective contractor have a proven track record? Have you seen their previous work and read their reviews? These things matter and will show in the quality of work they produce. Take the time to check out their website, socials or ask for before and after pictures similar to your property.
Can your painter properly handle all of the possible/necessary work? You’re allowed to ask questions!
- Exterior repainting for for multi-family properties
- Painting of interior common areas
- Interior renovations of occupied spaces
- Painting of concrete, stucco, and EIFS
- Elastomeric coatings
- Anti-graffiti coatings
- Electrostatic paint application
- Coating application for odor or smoke damage
- Exterior carpentry repair
- Drywall – repairs and/or hang, tape and texture for water damage projects
- Property evaluations and specification recommendations
Act as a resource
Any time someone comes out to assess or bid on your property, it should be free to you. Period. You only pay for the completed job.
Whether it’s directly the contractor or someone on their team, they should be able to act as an educated resource throughout the process. Is there somewhere there that you can quickly speak to from start to finish? You shouldn’t have to Google what a failing or behind paint job looks like.
We pride ourselves on hitting all of these positive checkmarks at CertaPro Painters of Blue Bell/Philadelphia. If you have any paint questions at all, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or 215-657-5360.