Randolph Arms Apartments – National Historic Register 1976
CertaPro Painters of Spokane had the privilege to protect and enhance a piece of Spokane history. Fort George Wright Barracks, built in 1906, now Randolph Arms Apartments, is a part of former Fort George Wright, named for the officer who led the 1858 punitive expedition against the Spokane’s, Coeur d’Alene’s, Palouse’s, and other area tribes involved in a skirmish with troops under Colonel Steptoe some months earlier.
This painting project was completed by a crew of 5 painters including a supervisor and required lifts because of the size and complexity of the project. Preparation involved extensive scraping, priming, and caulking with Peel Bond being selected for priming because of its excellent adhesion to bare wood, its ability to lock down future peeling paint, and its mil thickness which helps to build/level off peel spots.
This project was done in the late fall when weather can be uncertain. Sherwin Williams Resilience paint was selected because it is formulated with exclusive MoistureGuard™ Technology for revolutionary moisture resistance in half the time of traditional latex paints.
The project was a successful one for all involved with owners and residents loving the renovation.