Colour Consulting Services
CertaPro Painters® of Oakville/Burlington, ON
Ready to make a change?
Colour Consultations For Your Home
Is the only thing stopping you from painting your home the colour decision? Not only do we offer painting services for any part of your home, but we also have Professional Colour Consultants that can help decide on the best colour for your home. You don’t need to stress over different tints and shades. Whether you want the interior or exterior painted, CertaPro Painters® Oakville/Burlington is there to help.
Build Colour Flow
Think about 'flow' and how the Colours of neighboring rooms will work together. Very dark to very light transitions, or transitions from rooms with highly contrasting colours can either be jarring or invigorating.
Make Standout Trim
Keeping the trim all one colour provides continuity as you move from room to room. Stark white in a semi- or full-gloss creates a very formal look.
Define the Room's Mood
Determine the mood you want to create with the room. Warmer tones are friendly and inviting. Cooler tones create calm and relaxing spaces.
Define Your Entry
Define the entry. Use exterior paint colour as a "Welcome" sign to your home.
Exterior Colour Ideas
Drive through various neighbourhoods and take note of appealing exterior paint colour schemes and adaptability to your own home.
Ready to Transform Your Home?
Book your painting estimate today, and start discussing your needs with a professional Colour Consultant.
What Does a Colour Consultant Do?
A colour consultant is an experienced professional who can advise on the best colour approach for each project or room within your home. Our CertaPro Painters® Oakville/Burlington, ON consultant, will talk with you to get to know your personal style, your unique home’s needs.
They come to you with a full paint deck so you know all of your options. You’ll receive 4×4 sample cards for your top choices so you can consider the best options.
Paint Colour Consultation Tips and Examples
Painting isn’t just about home maintenance. When the paint has dried, there is so much more to think about such as:
- Which pieces of furniture to keep and which to replace?
- What kind of window treatments will look best?
- What accessories will best enhance the décor?
Before these questions can be addressed, the right colour for each room or hallway needs to be picked. This is where the professional consultant’s help can help you avoid any expensive mistakes, and pick a colour you will love for years.There’s a wide range of projects that a consultant can help with, such as:
- Whole house interior: In this case, a colour consultant can help you with a unique colour palette to suit your home. Typically, your consultant will help you choose a comfortable neutral colour to run through the “vein” of the house. This will give the other coordinating shades and colours a more cohesive feel.
- A different colour for every room: Sometimes homeowners want each of their rooms to have a completely different ambiance. A colour consultant can help, especially if you have a tight budget.
- Darkness and light: Some people love darker colour in their homes, but it can be difficult to tell just how dark you can go. Although it depends on how much light is in the room, there are other factors to consider, such as the amount of wall space, the furniture, and if there is any millwork that can be brightened to enhance the room.
Areas We Serve
Mount Nemo, ON
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What type of paint do you use?
We use Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore.
Do you use any materials aside from paint?
Aside from paint, we also use stains for a number of projects.
How many paint colours are included in your typical proposal?
Our proposals allow for 4 wall colours/sheens, 1 trim colour/sheen and 1 ceiling colour before any extra charges are set in.
Can you match the current colour?
Probably – if you don’t have an old paint can, we may have to cut out a small portion of the drywall to take into the paint store to do a professional match. If it is an exterior, we may be able to take a piece of a downspout or shutter or something to the store to match.
Do you have a project minimum?
Yes, the minimum cost is $550 + tax and for an exterior is $650 + tax.
Is there anything that can change the cost of a project after a customer receives a quote?
Yes, certain factors can affect the cost. These factors include, but are not limited to, an additional coat of paint, for better coverage (although this is detailed in a clause), or if we find out that something has been previously painted with oil paint and we were not aware up-front.
Is there a warranty?
We have a contractual 2 year warranty on most of our work.