Prep Tips for Your Exterior Painting Project
by CertaPro Painters of Far North Texas
Ready to make a change?
Typical Crew Start Time: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Note: Someone from our Team or the original Estimator may arrive at a later time
There are some outside factors such as changes in weather and changes in the scope of prior jobs that have a chance of changing your start date. If such a factor were to affect your start date, not to worry – we will contact you as soon as we know.
For Exterior Projects:
IN ORDER TO HELP ENSURE EFFICIENCY, SAFETY, AND SMOOTH PROGRESS FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE WE ARRIVE:
FOLIAGE: If you have bushes that are touching the house and/or surfaces that are to be painted or repaired, please cut back them back a minimum of 12 inches. The vines that are close to or connected to the house also need to be taken down. If this is not possible, we will do our best to paint behind them, but cannot guarantee perfect coverage when painting behind the plants.
WINDOWS: Please close all windows securely before we arrive for pressure washing. Please notify your Job Site Supervisor if you have had water leaks around your windows or doors in the past. Sometime water does make its way inside, so we recommend that you place towels around windows that are prone to water leakage.
DECKS/PORCHES: Please remove all the small and fabric objects from your porches and decks before we pressure-wash and paint. We will not pressure wash deck unless they’re being stained by us to avoid peeling paint issues.
SCREENS: Please unlatch window screens from the inside so that they can be removed from the outside without entering the home. Storm windows may be removed only if they are not glued shut to the window framing, as we will not remove storm windows by force in order to avoid damage to your frames.
PETS: Please plan to keep pets out of the working area. If there are special instructions regarding gates, latches, doors or other items concerning pets, please inform your Job Site Supervisor upon arrival.
PROPERTY ACCESS: Please be prepared to provide access to any parts of the property within the scope of work. Please unlock gates and provide any necessary codes for locks or lockboxes if necessary.
WATER & ELECTRICITY: We will likely need access to exterior water spigots and electricity. Please inform your Job Site Supervisor where these are located.
PARKING: If there are parking restrictions in your neighborhood, please let us know in advance. For city buildings with limited parking deck space, please recommend the best parking location.
ASSISTANCE: If you are unable to complete any of these preparations, please contact us and we will be happy to help you. Charges may apply.
HOA Permission: If you live in a neighborhood governed by a Home Owners Association, be sure to check the by-laws and comply with any applicable color or work restrictions.
YOU CAN RELAX… We are professionals who understand the disruptions of having work done in your home. We will do everything we can to make it as easy for you as possible!
CERTAPRO PAINTERS WILL PERFORM THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
1. We will move all large patio or porch furniture and group into the center of the patio, yard or move it somewhere that is clear from the work area. Some weight restrictions may apply.
2. All patio or porch furniture that stays close to the work area will be covered in either plastic and/or painters’ drop cloths.
3. Patio or porch furniture that we move will be put back after the job is completed.
4. We will remove any trash, leftover materials, and empty cans from your property and dispose of it.
5. Leftover cans of paint will be marked and left for the customer for reference, and for touch ups if requested.
WALKTHROUGH and PROJECT COMMUNICATION:
To ensure that you are satisfied with the completed project, the Job Site Supervisor (painter on site) will answer questions during the project and walk the job with you when the work has been completed. You are not expected to pay for the project until this has been done. The Supervisor’s goal is to show you the exceptional quality of work in which he and his crew take pride in having produced, and in which you can also take pride displaying!
1. The Job Site Supervisor or our Production Associate will inform you of the expected completion day and time.
2. The Job Site Supervisor will walk the house and the project with you to ensure you are satisfied with the work. The on-site Jobsite Painting Supervisor will be your primary point of contact during the project. You can also call the Production Associate if you need further assistance.
3. After the walkthrough is done, please sign our copy of the job proposal, and give your payment to the Job Site Supervisor.
Please make time in your schedule to meet with our Job Site Supervisor for the walkthrough.