Multi Unit & Condo Painters in Indianapolis
Featured Commercial Project
Ready to make a change?
Multi-Unit Condo Painting Project in Indianapolis
CertaPro received the opportunity to repaint all buildings in the Canterbury Condominiums community in November of 2018 from Kirkpatrick Management Company and Jerry Barth who is the Property Manager for the community. The project consisted of 15, two story condo buildings,1 clubhouse, and 1 guard shack. Multi-unit projects like this one often require detailed planning and communication plans, The CertaPro Painters of Indianapolis team has the experience and were up for the challenge.
Mutli-unit projects like these require careful coordination with property managers and residents, a communication plan was used to streamline this process. Additionally some condos had issues like rotting wood, peeling paint or other imperfections that needed to be addressed.
Additionally many of the buildings had considerable height. Painting these buildings required appropriate safety precautions be taken by crew and management.
This project started in April of 2019 and ended in May.
- Peeling paint – washing, scraping, and spot priming of bare areas of wood.
- Failing caulking – CertaPro addressed all caulking needs where gaps existed in-between two wood substrates.
- Rotten wood – replaced all rotten wood that was noted prior to the start of the project and after additional repairs were discovered and approved by the client.
- Positive lead paint tests – All work was done in accordance to EPA Lead Preparations.
- Prep – Clean and prep all surfaces for paint, fix issues with caulking, rotted wood, and peeling paint
- Paint – Exteriors of all 15 two story condo buildings, the clubhouse and the guard shack.
Begining of April 2019 – End of May 2019 (Approximately 2 months)
Before the project started, we did a tour of the 15 condo buildings as well as the clubhouse and guardshack to survey the condition of the paint and exterior surfaces.
There were many windows with peeling paint on the trim and wood rot around the perimeter.
Mold / Fading Paint
There were signs of mold growth and fading colors from sun and age on porches and balconies.
Wood Rot & Peeling Paint
Bases of decorative columns and doorways were showing signs of peeling paint and wood rot.
THE FINAL RESULTS
After completion we walked around the building and took photos of each area of concern that were noted at the beginning of the project.
Exterior with Entryway
This picture shows a unit with front entry and the window trim that was painted