CertaPro Painters COVID-19 Jobsite Protocols
CertaPro Painters of Elmhurst is committed to protecting the health and safety of our workers and workplaces during these unprecedented times. When working on our projects, the following protocols can help reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus:
- Respectfully inquire if anybody in home/building has been confirmed with COVID-19 or is showing any flu-like symptoms.
- Workers with flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms will be REQUIRED to stay home (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.
- Workers will be monitored daily with a touchless thermometer.
- Workers to wear masks over their nose and mouth.
- Workers to wear gloves and shoe covers.
- Continue to use other normal control measures, including personal protective equipment (PPE), necessary to protect workers from other job hazards associated with construction activities.
- Advise workers to avoid physical contact with others and direct employees/contractors/visitors to increase personal space to at least six feet, where possible.
- To the extent tools or equipment must be shared, provide, and instruct workers to use alcohol-based wipes to clean tools before and after use.
- When cleaning tools and equipment, workers should consult manufacturer recommendations for proper cleaning techniques and restrictions.
- Plastic will be used to protect furniture.
- Clean and disinfect onsite restroom facilities and portable job site toilets regularly. Hand sanitizer dispensers should be filled regularly. Frequently-touched items (i.e., elevator buttons, door pulls, and toilet seats) should be disinfected.
- Promote personal hygiene. If workers do not have immediate access to soap and water for handwashing, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Keep in-person meetings (including toolbox talks and safety meetings) as short as possible, limit the number of workers in attendance, and use social distancing practices.