Chipotle Restaurant in Brooklyn, NY
by CertaPro Painters® of Edison, NJ
Ready to make a change?
- This project needed to take place off-hours. We arrived at 10:00 pm and worked through the night till 8:00 am. We staffed the project to complete it in three evenings.
- The paint for this project was a white eggshell finish. Eggshell sheen tends to show the slightest of imperfections, and it will “flash” if not applied properly.
- Since we were working with water damage and an eggshell finish, we needed to take great care with the prep, and we used a stain-blocking primer before painting.
- We were also tasked with painting acoustic ceiling tiles. It appeared that someone tried to paint these tiles and gave up. Acoustic tiles are tricky to paint, and we would typically spray a dryfall product on them. We were prohibited from spraying in this particular project as we rolled an all-purpose acrylic primer and then the white eggshell finish.
- Cleanliness was of utmost importance to this customer. When we arrived we covered all the floors with drop cloths and everything else was covered in plastic. When we were done we wiped everything down and re-mopped the facility before leaving.
This was a complete FOH (Front of House) repaint. There was a ceiling leak which caused water damage to the ceiling and down the wall. There was also some other miscellaneous repairs throughout the facility.
- Preparation – This project involved some drywall replacement and a great deal of drywall repair and spackling.
- Painting – We brought a scaffold on this job. We felt that since the ceilings were about 20′ high, it was safer and more efficient to work off a scaffold. Since this project has a great deal of prep involved we knew we would be employing several heat guns to accelerate the drying of the spackle. Since heat guns tend to draw a fair amount of amps and we did not want to trip any breakers or slow the project down we brought our own generator.
PROJECT TIMELINE – The project took 3 evenings to paint after hours. The project took place in March of 2021
Before the project began, CertaPro Painters® of Edison, NJ team took pictures of the restaurant, showcasing the conditions of the ceiling and how badly it need to be fixed and repainted.
THE FINAL RESULT
After the project was complete, CertaPro Painters® of Edison, NJ gathered images of the completed roof repair and painting of the ceiling.