Staircase and Banister Painting
CertaPro Painters® of Dayton
Ready to make a change?
Staircase & Banister Painting Services in Dayton and Surrounding Areas
Staircases are often one of the first things you see when entering a two-story home. They are a focal point for family and guests alike. Many homes in and around Dayton, OH feature staircases built with high quality materials and woodworking, but show signs of wear and tear from years of use. Replacing boards and banisters can be costly and time consuming, so the professionals at CertaPro Painters® of Dayton are often called by local homeowners to revitalize staircases and return them to like-new condition.
Repairs & Staining
Two Tone Banisters
Stairway Banister & Trim Painting
The Staircase Restoration Process
See below for a timeline of what to expect during a stairway restoration project in your home. Project requirements can and do vary depending on the scope of work, but the below steps are a good general guide of what to expect.
- Remove any old nails or protrusions from the stairs, trim work may also need to be removed
- Rebuild broken stairs or landing areas
- Sand all wood surfaces, multiple sanding’s with increasing sandpaper grid is recommended
- Vacuum away dust from sanding
- Use a block sander or sand by hand for hard to reach corners and banisters
- Fill holes or imperfections with wood filler
- Reinstall or replace the previously removed trim work
- Wipe down surfaces with a rag and paint thinner
- Caulk areas of trim where needed
- If painting, prime surfaces to be painted
- Paint two coats of paint
Book Your Estimate Today!
At CertaPro Painters® of Dayton, OH, our trained professional painters will transform your stairwell into something you will be proud of. Book your free estimate now!
Staircase Painting Examples
Below are detailed images of staircase and banister painting projects we have completed in and around Dayton, OH.