Interior Painting Prep Guide
CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL
Ready to make a change?
Typical Crew Start Time: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Note: Someone from our Team or the original Estimator may arrive at a later time
There are some outside factors such as changes in weather and changes in the scope of prior jobs that have a chance of changing your start date. If such a factor were to affect your start date, not to worry – we will contact you as soon as we know.
CERTAPRO PAINTERS WILL PERFORM THE FOLLOWING SERVICES, unless otherwise stated on your agreement:
§ Move large furniture into the center of the room
§ Cover floors in drop cloths, plastic and/or construction paper
§ Cover furniture with painter’s plastic or sheathing
§ Move furniture back after the job is complete
§ Remove and dispose of trash, left over materials, and empty cans
§ Mark and leave leftover paint cans for your records and touch ups
Final walkthrough to be performed by a Job Site Supervisor, who will handle collecting final payment, touch ups, and any other on site needs
***We will NOT remove or install wall mounted TVs or other installed electronics ***
Easy to schedule, easy to start, did not require much instruction, already knew what was needed. Provided guidance on paint colors.
- Dominique M. | Coral Gables, FL
Other Residential Services We Provide
Cabinet Refinishing and Repainting
Your cabinets are perhaps one of the most touched surfaces in your home, so it’s no surprise that they wind up with a little wear and tear. At CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL we’ll work with you to find a finish or paint that meets the needs of your home and daily routine.
Not sure which shade to choose? Struggling to differentiate matte, satin and gloss? We’ll help you navigate the sea of options to find a color that matches your home’s interior aesthetic and stands up to your family’s daily routine.
Concrete Staining and Epoxy Finish
Applying a stain to an interior or exterior concrete floor can add unique dimension to any space. You can enhance the durability of your concrete with an epoxy floor coating. The CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL team is trained in applying concrete stains and epoxy floor coatings.
Crown Molding Services
Crown molding is a great way to add elegance in a home. It is timeless, ornate and exquisite looking. The CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL team can work install decorative borders around your home including fireplace mantels, baseboards, door casings, and wainscoting.
Whether your home has water damage that requires drywall repair or your walls have medium-to-large holes that need patching, the CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL crew will patch, sand and prime, to create a flawless surface to paint on.
EPA Lead Certified
At CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL we are EPA Lead Certified. This means that if we are performing a renovation, repair or painting project that disturbs lead-based paint in your home, we use certified renovators who are trained by EPA-approved training providers and follow lead-safe work practices.
Painting and Staining
At CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL we offer a variety of interior and exterior home painting and staining services, including your home’s deck and fencing. Regardless of the room inside your home that needs an update or the area of your home’s exterior that needs protection from Mother Nature, our team works with you to determine the best plan of action for your home.
Popcorn Ceiling Removal
While popcorn ceilings had their time on top trends lists, they are rarely seen in modern homes. Removing a popcorn ceiling yourself can be extremely difficult. The crew at CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FLis trained to remove popcorn ceilings in an effective way that will leave your ceilings feeling fresh.
Power washing is a vital step in painting the exterior of your home. CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL uses the process to remove mold, oil and old paint so new paint absorbs into your surface better.
Stucco Repairs and Painting
As with any other home exterior, it’s important to maintain the stucco or EIFS (also known as synthetic stucco) covering your home. The CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL team is very knowledgeable in both repairs and painting related to these two materials and will work alongside you to determine what services your home needs.
Wallpaper Removal and Installation
Removing and applying wallpaper can be a tricky task. The crew at CertaPro Painters® of Central Miami, FL is skilled in removing wallpaper and will make this time-consuming task, hassle-free for you. We will work with you to help you choose a wallcoverings style that’s perfect for your home, and then apply it to your walls. All you’ll have to do is enjoy the final look.
YOU CAN RELAX… We are professionals who understand the disruptions of having work done in your home. We will do everything we can to make it as easy for you as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions
For interior paint work, please assist by:
- Removing small and fragile objects.
- Taking down paintings, pictures, and wall decorations.
- Removing blinds and window coverings.
- Ensuring painted areas are free from dirt and dust.
- Clearing movable furniture for safety; we’ll handle larger items. A charge of $70 per person per hour may apply for any time exceeding 15 minutes if smaller items are not moved.
For exterior paint work, ensure:
- Access to an outside water connection (if power washing).
- If you have well water please confirm that your well can provide enough water pressure for cleaning.
- Accessibility to all painting surfaces.
- Trimming bushes or trees that could lean against the house.
- Removing decorative items not being painted.
- Clearing furniture from porches or decks.
- Parking cars away from the painting area.
Primer serves as a preparatory coat before applying the final paint, promoting better adhesion, durability, and a uniform finish. It is crucial in the following scenarios:
1) Bare Surfaces: When painting over bare wood, metal, or drywall, primer creates a foundation for paint adherence.
2) Stain Blocking: To prevent stains from bleeding through the paint, especially when dealing with water, smoke, or tannin stains.
3) Uneven Surfaces: Primer helps smooth out irregularities, providing a consistent surface for paint application.
4) Color Changes: When transitioning between dark and light colors or using specialty finishes, primer enhances color accuracy and coverage.
5) Increased Paint Lifespan: Applying primer can extend the life of the paint job by offering a protective barrier against moisture and other environmental factors.
The number of coats needed for your project depends on several factors, including the surface type, color changes, and the condition of the existing finish. Generally, we recommend:
1) Primer: Start with a primer to enhance adhesion and create a uniform base.
2) Base Coats: For most projects, two coats of paint are standard to achieve optimal color richness and durability.
3) Color and Surface Considerations: Dark or vibrant colors may require additional coats for full coverage. Additionally, surfaces with uneven textures may benefit from an extra coat for a smoother finish.
Our team assesses each project individually to determine the ideal number of coats, ensuring a high- quality and long-lasting paint job.
Latex paints typically dry within 30-120 minutes, but it may require up to 30 days for complete curing. It’s advised to regularly open and close freshly painted windows and doors during this period to prevent sticking. Additionally, adjusting sprinkler heads away from the newly coated surfaces is recommended.
VOC stands for “organic compound”; encompassing substances like paint thinner, mineral spirits, alcohol, gasoline, ethylene glycol, acetone, and xylol. These compounds pose risks to both human health and the environment. While many architectural paints include some VOCs, the EPA is regulating their levels to mitigate their impact. As VOCs evaporate during paint drying, they can contribute to the formation of low-level smog, prompting efforts to limit their presence for environmental and health considerations.