Ready to make a change?
The Project Scope:
Some of Bucks County’s hidden gems are the historical and renowned covered bridges. Bucks County was once home to more than 50 covered bridges. Today only 12 remain, and 10 still carry vehicles. Bucks County decided to fire proof the covered bridges it owns in response to two fires that occurred on the bridges. CertaPro Painters of Central and Lower Bucks County was awarded a local Bucks County Government commercial painting contract to complete the task of fire proofing the bridges, as well as repairing any wood and roof shingle damages and install new signage on the bridges.
How we got it done:
As certified applicators, we prepped and coated the bare wood with ANDEK Polaseal Fire Retardant Wood Sealer on all wood surfaces of the bridges that were not painted white or red. For the red and white areas of the bridges, we applied ANDEK Fire Resistant Waterproofing Coating, which could be tinted and matched to the historic red and white colors. In addition, we replaced all of the old signs on the covered bridges with in-kind replacement.
We have experience working on all types of commercial projects, whether big or small, and we look forward to continuing the relationship with our trusted partners. We are grateful for the opportunity to work on this fun project and help keep some of the gems in the Bucks County area beautiful and protected. See some of our work below!
Cabin Run Bridge
While interior bridge work was in progress, we had to close the bridges and detour traffic around the bridges. Once the interior was done, we could work on the outside with bridges open to traffic.
Typical bridge damage caused by trucks or buses hitting the entry. We replaced all broken wood with in kind wood.
Wood Interior Clear Coat
We coated all bare wood with the fire retardant. You cannot see any difference, but the wood was now protected.
Knecht's Covered Bridge
Most of the work for the exterior of the bridges could be done from ladders or the ground.
On occasion we actually had to go in the water. All materials used were biodegradable so we did not contaminate any water or soil supplies.