Protecting Your Home From Wind Damage
Protecting Your Home from Wind Damage
The massive destruction caused by Hurricane Irma has many people thinking about how they can protect their homes against wind damage.
How to Prepare Your Home for Strong Winds
Focus on the weak spots such as windows, doors (including garage doors), siding, and roofing. And don’t forget about items outside your home. Trees can fall on your home, and outdoor furniture can become dangerous projectiles.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers these tips to protect your home against strong winds:
- Remove trees and branches that could fall on your home or power lines.
- Repair loose or damaged parts of your home’s exterior such as siding, roofing, and brickwork.
- Board up doors and windows.
- Move outdoor items such as furniture inside.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Anchor outdoor buildings with a permanent foundation or straps and ground anchors
After the Storm
You’ll want to assess the damage or hire a professional to do it for you. Your roof is particularly susceptible to damage, so inspect it carefully for holes, damaged or missing shingles, and leaks. Your windows, paint, and other exterior surfaces should also be checked for damage. Finally, be careful who you hire to make any repairs. You hear all the stories about scammers who target homeowners after a storm, and unfortunately, many of them are true.
If you do experience damage, itis good to know that you can trust CertaPro Painters for any interior or exterior painting projects. Your local CertaPro Painters knows first-hand what you are experiencing and who are passionate about making the process of recovery as quick, easy, and smooth as possible.
CertaPro Painters treats every customer with the utmost respect. Here’s how…
- We provide a detailed proposal before starting the job.
- We arrive on time and complete our work efficiently and neatly.
- We provide daily progress updates the way you want to receive them: text, email, phone, or in person
Then, CertaPro Painters follows a specific process to ensure a beautiful finish that you’ll love.
- We prepare your home’s exterior by scraping any loose paint, scuff sanding any glossy areas, and caulking gaps to prevent water intrusion.
- We prime any repaired areas to create a uniform finish.
- We use only premium-quality paint.
- At the end of each day and upon the completion of your project, we clean up after ourselves.
- We inspect the project and give you an opportunity to review our work.
In a world of so much uncertainty, it’s comforting to know that you can rely on CertaPro Painters to deliver certainty and peace of mind. Get a free estimate for any exterior or interior painting projects you have.