Business Painters of St. Charles, MO
Featured Commercial Project
Ready to make a change?
Diesel Fuel Tank Project in Bridgeton, MO
CertaPro Painters® of St. Charles, South County & West County had previously completed an interior project for a local trucking company. Delighted with the work, they asked CertaPro Painters® to return and repaint their diesel fuel tanks in June 2020. The tanks were in awful shape, requiring a sandblasting to remove all previous coats and the accumulation of rust before the project could begin. However, the end result was an amazing transformation with a long lasting finish. CertaPro Painters® of St. Charles, South County & West County is equipped to handle any of your large scale exterior projects to meet their high standards, leaving customers and clients satisfied.
Exterior commercial projects present their own set of challenges. They are often larger projects requiring proper coordination among the team and communication with the customer.
For this particular project, the condition of the tanks presented an issue, requiring a specific set of equipment to remove rust and the previous coating. CertaPro’s professional also needed to mindful of weather and time so the new coating would properly set on the tanks.
- Rust – The tanks contained a large accumulation of rust that required sandblasting to remove
- Worn and Peeling Coating – The old coating on the tanks was peeling and worn, having lost its effectiveness
- Raw Metal – The tanks were sanded down where exposure to water would cause flash rusting
- Weather – The large tanks presented a problem with weather, as the project needed to be efficiently completed with enough time for the coating to harden before the elements became an issue
- Prep – The tanks were sanded down and prepped for painting when all rust and worn coating was removed
- Paint – The tanks were primed and painted with epoxy and polyurethane products for a long lasting finish
PROJECT TIMELINE – 3 days
Before the project started, CertaPro’s team surveyed the area and took pictures of the sections which required their attention.
Pictures were taken of the diesel fuel tanks after they were sanded and ready for the application of primer and paint.
The tanks needed to be coated in an efficient manner to properly set before the next rainy day.
THE FINAL RESULT
CertaPro Painters® of St. Charles, South County & West County captured the finished project and checked all areas to make sure it met their high standards.
The tanks were finished with an epoxy primer and polyurethane paint for a long lasting finish.