How to Eliminate the Smell of Paint From Your Home
Our team at CertaPro Painters® of Shrewsbury has painted countless interiors. A question homeowners commonly ask is how to get rid of the paint smell from their home. If your painting project is taking place during a warmer month, in which you can leave windows and doors open, the solution is a little easier. However, if that is not an option you don’t have to be stuck with smell. Painting the interior of your home has many benefits, the smell not being one. If you or any of your family members are sensitive to the smell of chemicals, they may find it difficult being in the home for a little while after it is painted. Luckily there are some things you can do to quickly refresh the smell in your home.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is a natural deodorizer and is perfect for absorbing the smell. You can sprinkle it in areas around the painted rooms and let it sit. Once it has done its job you can vacuum it up.
- Vinegar – Vinegar does not have a particularly pleasant smell itself, however, use it in small amounts and it can work as a deodorizer.
- Charcoal – Charcoal is known to have a porous texture and it another great odor absorber. You can place crushed charcoal into a container and leave a few of these containers around the painted room or rooms. Within ta few hours the smell should be almost completely gone.
- Fans- This one may seem obvious but a well-ventilated room will clear out the paint smell much quicker. If it is nice enough, also be sure to open all of the windows.
- Candles – This may only mask the smell, but it still helps. The flame can also help absorb some of the smell.
- Water and Lemon – A simple and natural fix. Add a couple lemon slices to a container of water and leave it in the room over night. Adding salt can enhance the results.
- Coffee grounds – A great way to absorb the paint smells and an even better choice if you love the smell of coffee.
We hope these tips help! If you haven’t yet completed your interior painting project, contact us today.The first step is to schedule a free, no obligation estimate. You can do so by filling out the form online or by calling us at 800-689-7271. We look forward to talking to you soon!