Popcorn Ceiling Removal and Re-Texturing
The expert house painters at CertaPro Painters® of St. Charles, South County & West County are professionally trained to remove popcorn textured ceilings.
While popcorn ceilings had their time on top trends lists, they are rarely seen in modern homes. Removing a popcorn ceiling yourself can be extremely difficult. Popcorn ceiling removal and re-texturing is a specialty service offered by CertaPro Painters. If you are looking to repaint a room with popcorn ceilings, or are just looking to remove these ceilings from your home, we can help!
The process of popcorn ceiling removal and painting usually involves:
- Removing your furniture, light switches and fixtures from the room
- Covering the walls and flooring with heavy duty plastic sheets
- Spraying the surface with small amounts of water so that the popcorn ceiling easily scrapes away
- Skim coating any damaged areas prior to sanding to ensure a smooth, properly prepared surface for painting
- Application of a fresh coat of paint primer followed by the paint color of your choice
We are also experts at retexturing ceilings and walls!
The crew at CertaPro Painters is trained to remove popcorn ceilings in an effective way that will leave your ceilings feeling fresh.