5 Reasons You Should Paint Your House Before Selling
Painting your house before you put it on the market can make a big difference in the number of interested buyers you’ll attract — just ask your realtor! CertaPro Painters® of Rockland County offers expert interior and exterior painting services that make your house stand out among other listings.
Here are five reasons you should paint your house before selling:
- Buyers like that they can move in right away. When you paint your home before selling it, you’re making it one step closer to move-in ready for the buyer. They won’t have to worry about painting as soon as they close. Instead, they’ll be able to picture how they can style the home and decorate it thanks to the updated walls.
- Painting increases your home’s curb appeal and value. The exterior of your home is just as important as the interior when selling your house. If potential buyers see cracks, broken wood, and peeling paint, it sets a bad tone. They’ll be thinking, “This is what I can see; what about what I can’t see?” Painting your home shows it has been taken care of and well maintained. It also helps when determining a listing price.
- Buyers won’t be distracted by the paint. If your paint is peeling, chipping, or the walls are dirty, potential buyers will be distracted as they tour your home. Old wallpaper also makes the house look dated. Your floors may be in good shape, and your kitchen may feature the latest appliances, but buyers may only notice what you didn’t update.
- Color scheme and painting techniques get an update. Many homes feature outdated color schemes and painting techniques. When you’re selling your house, get in the mindset of the buyer – neutral colors are recommended. Talk to your realtor. They’ll be able to recommend popular color palettes.
- It’s a minor investment with a major impact. If you don’t paint your home before selling, you may be at a disadvantage compared to other sellers. Painting is an affordable upgrade that makes your house look better in person and in pictures.
What Sets Us Apart from Other House Painters in Rockland County
The professional painters at CertaPro Painters® of Rockland County can help you transform your home into one that is ready for the market. Our reliability, trust, communication, and promise of Certainty is what makes us different from other painters in the area. Learn more:
Quick and easy estimates. Our professional estimator will come to your house, walk around, ask questions, measure rooms, and notate prep work needed. It usually takes about 30 to 60 minutes, and depending on the project, we will provide you with our proposal on the spot or send it to you the next day.
Itemized and detailed proposals. Selling your house can be stressful, and you don’t want any surprises. Our detailed proposals are itemized: we indicate rooms, items within each room, the number of paint coats, the type of paint we will use, and the prep work needed. We can also provide you with options so you can decide what works best for you.
Quality references and portfolio. We can provide you with previous customers’ names who had us paint their house before listing it. You can also check out our Google reviews and portfolio to get a better sense of our work and finished projects.
Reliable, trustworthy, licensed, and insured crews. We provide you with our insurance coverage and Rockland County license. No need to change your schedule; we can perform the work when you’re not home, and the Crew Chief will be on-site at all times to supervise. Once we start the job, we work consecutive days until completion.
Meticulous prep work. If you want to see high-quality results, you need a painting company that cares about their prep work. We’ll fix drywall and fill any holes or cracks on your walls and ceilings. We switch out trim and molding and perform light carpentry as needed. And you don’t have to worry about heavy lifting; we’ll also move and cover your furniture and protect your floor and fixtures.
Free color consultations. Choosing the right color scheme is crucial to attracting buyers. We can supply you with color brochures and let you know the most popular colors, or we can also set you up with a free color consultation with Sherwin Williams. Typically, we recommend keeping it simple, using just one or two colors throughout the house, but you can also talk to your realtor about this since they’re on the pulse of what’s trending in the housing market.
Use high-quality paint and paint sheen. The lower the sheen, the better it shows your walls, so we recommend a flat finish. We use Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore products. Both manufacturers offer a range of paints at different price points. Our proposals include the paint as we buy it at a large volume and can pass the savings on to you. But if you want to supply the paint yourself, we’ll prepare the proposal that way.
Recommend practices that will get you the best bang for the buck. Some homeowners may consider painting only some rooms or doing touch-ups. However, we find touch-ups are often more noticeable than not painting at all. No one will notice that you have painted, but they will notice that you haven’t.