Tips for Small Bathrooms
The bathroom can be a difficult space to know how to decorate. Especially if that space is small. There are several ways you can maximize space in your small bathroom. Keep reading to find out how!
- Use a sliding glass door rather than a shower curtain. Glass helps open the space. However, you don’t want to choose a glass door that you have to pull open and close because this will take up more room.
- Get a corner sink. Sinks can take up a large amount of room. A corner sink will allow traffic to flow smoothly in your bathroom.
- Lift the vanity off the floor. Living furniture up to off the floor gives the illusion that space is bigger than it actually is. It also allows for more storage due to the fact that you can now place toiletries below the vanity.
- Have a rounded vanity instead of a square one. Square edges stick out and in small spaces can become very annoying if you keep bumping into them.
- Place shelf above the toilet. This is an easy way to add more storage room into the area. Place your everyday bathroom items such as cotton balls, que-tips and lotions into glass jars and then place decorative labels on them. Even though your items are out for everyone to see, they will act as decorations too.
- Place the towel bar on the back of the door. If you are working in tight conditions, this is an easy way to better utilize your space.
- Use a wall-mounted faucet instead of a sink. This will help free up space tremendously.
- Have a long mirror. If this is a bathroom multiple people have to get ready in chose a mirror long enough that two people can use it at the same time.
- Chose large tiles with thin grout lines for the bathroom. This will help create the illusion that space is bigger than it actually is.
- Avoid patterns. In a small space, they can be very overwhelming to the eye and make the space appear cluttered.