Military Painters of Pine Bluff
Featured Commercial Project
Ready to make a change?
Pine Bluff Arsenal Barrier in White Hall, AR
CertaPro Painters® of Central Arkansas was contacted in July 2020 by the Pine Bluff Arsenal to renovate the barriers entering their location. The Pine Bluff Arsenal is a US Army installation located in Jefferson County, Arkansas, just northwest of the city of Pine Bluff. PBA is one of nine Army installations in the United States that stored chemical weapons. CertaPro’s professionals painted 4 sets of hydraulic road barriers at the 4 different gates surrounding the area.
Working within the Pine Bluff Arsenal had its own unique set of challenges. A qualified operator was present each day to operate the road barriers, raising and lowering them as needed for the crew. Working within the arsenal, the crew was required a background check and needed to carry a badge while on site.
Extensive planning and scheduling was also needed with the client and the main contact at the Pine Bluff Arsenal. Military police was scheduled on a daily basis to block roads, re-route traffic, and close down gates in order for CertaPro to paint the barriers.
- Worn Barrier Finish – The barriers had become worn due to the daily traffic they endured
- Dirt Accumulation – As an exterior entity of high use, the barriers constantly accumulated dirt
- Rust Buildup – Long term wear and tear along with constant exposure caused the barriers to rust
- Prep – The metal surfaces of the barriers were pressure washed to remove dust, dirt, and road wear. A rust inhibiting primer was then applied to any bare metal areas on the surfaces.
- Paint – The barriers were painted entirely with a Safety Red DTM high gloss paint, using two coats to thoroughly cover the old color. Vertical stripes were then measured out and taped off before applied a white traffic coating paint to create the lines. Glass reflective beads were used on the white stripes for better viewing at night.
PROJECT TIMELINE – 5 days
Before the project began, CertaPro’s team took pictures of the barriers to document their conditions and to provide a contrast to the completed assignment.
The frequent use of the barriers at the Pine Bluff Arsenal added a lot of wear and tear to their finish, requiring an immediate update.
Rusted Metal Sections
Exposed metal sections of the Pine Bluff barriers began to rust and required a new layer of protection to prevent further damage.
PAINTING IN PROGRESS
CertaPro Painters® of Central Arkansas took picture of their progress on the barriers to show how each step was completed to finalize the project.
Safety Red Barriers
The base of the barriers was painted a Safety Red for a bright new look before the white design was added atop of it.
Taping The Lines
CertaPro Painters® taped off the lines to paint new stripes, providing the ability to add a professional and sharp looking design.
THE FINAL RESULT
CertaPro’s professionals gathered images of the finalized project to show the improvements made on the barriers and to ensure their high standard of work.