House Painters in Tucson
CertaPro Painters of Tucson
Ready to make a change?
Wood and Trim Repair in Oro Valley, AZ
On June 15, 2020, CertaPro Painters of Tucson assisted in an exterior painting and trim repair for a home in Oro Valley, AZ. The homeowners requested a color change and settled on a lighter hue to brighten up their residence. Before the repainting could take place, the trim and fascia required extensive work as they were in very poor condition. Previous repairs were completed using incorrect techniques and supplies. CertaPro Painters are well-equipped to handle repairs such as these alongside an exterior painting, leaving customers satisfied with a fully realized finish.
Full exterior renovations have their own set of hurdles. Days-long projects require thorough coordination among the team and communication with the tenant.
The job site supervisor for this particular project had extensive knowledge in trim and fascia repair, mitigating any large obstacles that may have been present for the wood. With the use of patience and accepted practices, the task was suitably completed leaving a fantastic final result.
- Worn Paint – The exterior of the home had a faded look that needed an update with a fresh coat of paint.
- Warped Wood – The wood had lost its shape requiring specific techniques to repair it rather than potentially adding to the issue
- Taped Damage – Previous damage was taped over which, in time, peeled off due to harsh weather, leaving these sections subjected to further issues
- Wood Exposure – Exposed wood allows for the elements to play a role in the disfigurement of its properties and shape
- Prep – The home was cleaned and prepared for painting, the tape was removed, and a special putty was used to fill in damaged areas on the wood
- Paint – Primer and paint was applied to give the exterior and trim a professionally finished look
PROJECT TIMELINE – 3 1/2 days
CertaPro’s professionals took pictures of the trim and its damage before the project began.
Damaged areas were covered with tape and presented large sections in need of repair when removed.
THE FINAL RESULT
Images were collected when the project was completed to document the changes and ensure the quality of work met CertaPro standards.