This renovated house in Decatur was originally a ranch before it was transformed into this New England style cedar home. When it was time to paint, CertaPro Painters of Atlanta was hired to perform multiple repairs along with a full exterior repaint. This home is the 7th in the immediate surrounding neighborhood that we have painted over the last 3 years. Thank you Decatur for spreading the word about us!
We followed these steps as part of the process:
- Identify all wood rot and damaged areas.
- Make repairs and replacements of damaged areas.
- Reglaze old windows, scrape peeling paint, sand rough edges.
- Prime bare wood surfaces, caulk gaps and cracks.
- Repaint all exterior surfaces with premium quality paints and stains.
This particular home required several different types of paint products depending on the substrate:
- Gloss Acrylic paints were used on the trim.
- Flat Acrylic paints for the novelty siding.
- Floor enamels for the porch floors.
- Solid Stain for the cedar shingles.
- Sherwin-Williams PrepRite primers were used to seal new wood surfaces and old exposed wood surfaces.
- Stain-blocking shellac-based primers were used selectively where knot-holes and other tannin stain bleed through was a concern.